The City of Waterloo and their contractor are continuing work on the University Avenue Reconstruction Project:
Beginning Tuesday, August 18, 2020, Midway Drive north of University Avenue will be open to traffic.
- University Avenue traffic will remain head-to-head from west of Midway Drive to east of Greenhill Road on the eastbound lanes (south side).
- Greenhill Road traffic will have lane closures, and Access B will remain closed from University Avenue to the North Frontage Road.
- Access will remain for Progress Avenue and Midway Drive.
- Access to the North Frontage Road and North Hackett Road will be from Progress Avenue. University Avenue traffic will continue to have lane closures from east of Greenhill Road to Falls Avenue.
- Traffic will remain closed on University Avenue from east of Knoll Avenue to west of Hwy 63/Sergeant Road. It will also be closed on Fletcher Avenue from Hope Martin Park to north of Joder Avenue.
- At the Knoll Avenue intersection, eastbound University Avenue and northbound Knoll Avenue traffic will be permitted to turn left.
- During this time, University Avenue from Cedar Heights Drive to Knoll Avenue will remain open and access to the frontage roads will remain.
For safety purposes, please do not enter the construction area. Heavy equipment will be moving back and forth on the closed lanes. It would be advisable to remain behind the sidewalk on the property side during the reconstruction work.
To request road closure notices by e-mail or to unsubscribe, please e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be viewed on the City of Waterloo’s website at http://www.cityofwaterlooiowa.com/departments/engineering/UniversityAve.php or the University Avenue Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UniversityAveWaterloo/.