With the recent public health proclamation issued by Governor Kim Reynolds, recreational swimming will once again be permitted in Cedar Falls. The Falls Aquatic Center will be reopening, under certain COVID-19 precautions, beginning June 20, 2020.
To help our community enjoy the Falls safely and protect both patrons and staff, the following rules will be instated at the facility until further notice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- The Falls will be open 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM daily, June 20 – August 9 (weather, crowd, and staff permitting)
- Only season pass holders will be allowed to use the facility
- Staff will be limiting capacity to 600 patrons at any one time
- All patrons must bring and wear a mask upon entering the facility
- Anyone not in the pool wears a face covering (Children two and under are exempt)There will be no lounge chairs, no floatables in the water, no basketballs allowed in the area
- There will be a limited amount of facility inflatables available for Lazy River/waterslide use
- All users must abide by safe social distancing including keeping six feet away from those not in their immediate household
- Physical distancing markings for waterslide lines, diving boards, and other areas will be added
- Drink vending machines will be available, there will be no other concessions offered at the facility or allowed to be carried in
- Patrons are encouraged to bring water in plastic containers only, no drinking fountain will be available
If a patron is exhibiting signs of illness including fever, cough, or shortness of breath or they were recently exposed to someone diagnosed from COVID-19 within the last 14 days, do not enter the facility.
The team at the Falls thanks the public for their cooperation as they work to provide this service to our city. Please call the Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center at (319) 237-8636 with any questions.