Facilities: *Open Shelter with Electricity *Cedar Falls Municipal Bandshell *Pioneer Cabin Replica *Picnic Area *Park Benches
About the Park The earliest documented Park in Cedar Falls, acquired in 1853. This Park is a traditional commons occupying a full block in the Vintage Home District near downtown. The meticulously detailed, ornate Bandshell reinforces the Parks function as the focal point of the oldest neighborhood in Cedar Falls. It has straight walks leading from the corners of the Park to the center, dividing it into four equal quadrants. This property was donated to the City of Cedar Falls by John Overman as home for the Black Hawk County Courthouse and was originally called "Court House Square".