Information on Coronavirus Outbreak - COVID 19
The City of Cedar Falls has been working with state and county agencies to protect and inform our community regarding the COVID-19 virus. The city is taking safety precautions to help decrease exposure opportunities in our community and following the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Iowa Department of Health (IDPH).
On this website, you will find the latest city press releases regarding COVID-19, department updates, and resources to learn more about the virus.
Cedar Falls City Hall will be closed to the public from March 17 until at least April 10. The Public Library, Hearst Center for the Arts, Community Center, Recreation & Fitness Center, and Visitors Center & Tourism Office will all be closed to the public. Cedar Falls Public Safety and Public Works will have limited public access.
Learn more about doing business with Cedar Falls during this time:
- Many permits, licenses, payments, services requests can be handled online, over the phone, by email, or traditional mail. Click here to see the list of city phone numbers.
- The Inspection Services Division is currently operating as follows:
- Permits continue to be required for work regulated under our building codes
- Inspections are to be scheduled by call/email only and Inspectors & Building Officials can be reached by contacting City Hall at (319) 273-8600
- Permits can be submitted electronically at https://www.cf1stop.com/
- New construction for both residential and commercial will continue as well as exterior inspections for siding, decks, etc. Additions/remodels inspections and furnace/hot water inspections are suspended until further notice but will occur at a later time
- Learn more about Building Inspection Services here.
- Use the city website to report an issue or request service. Find request for service forms here.
- Cedar Falls Public Works will have limited public access during this time. Call Public Works at (319) 273-8629 with any questions.
- The Transfer Station is open however they are only accepting debit/credit cards at this time, no cash/checks
- During this time, the Cedar Falls Public Safety building has limited access to the public. The Cedar Falls Police Division encourages the public to call in police reports to (319) 273-8612. Cedar Falls Public Safety will not be allowing public tours, fingerprinting or property pick up during this time.
- There will be no rental or commercial inspections from March 17 until at least April 10.
- You can now report crimes online at https://www.cedarfalls.com/1533/Report-a-Crime. The online submission form allows for the reporting of crimes such as credit card fraud, harassment, theft, and minor vehicle accidents on private property. It is not for emergencies or crimes in progress. In an emergency situation always call 911.
- The Public Library, Hearst Center for the Arts, Community Center, Recreation & Fitness Center, Visitors Center & Tourism Office, and City Hall will be closed to the public, and all classes and activities will be canceled during this time. Staff will continue to work at each location, concentrating on maintenance, administrative work, and non-public-facing activities. To speak with the departments directly use the information below:
- Hearst Center for the Arts: (319) 273-8641 or visit www.thehearst.org. Follow them on Facebook to view local art and activities @hearstcenterforthearts.
- Cedar Falls Public Library: (319) 273-8643 or visit www.cedarfallslibrary.org. Follow them on Facebook to view live stream activities @cedarfallspubliclibrary.
- Community Center: (319) 277-1900
- Recreation and Fitness Center: (319) 273-8636 or visit www.cedarfalls.com/302/Rec-Center . Follow them on Facebook to view live stream activities @cedarfallsrecreation.
- Visitors Center and Tourism Office: (319) 268-4266 or visit www.cedarfallstourism.org. You can also stay updated on local events and cancellations in the Cedar Valley at www.cedarvalley365.com.
- City Hall: (319) 273-8600 or visit www.cedarfalls.com
- Each city department is significantly increasing the frequency and scope of cleaning and sanitizing in accordance with their unique circumstances and level of use.
- Starting March 17 until at least April 10, there will be no board or commission meetings.
- Please continue to check the city website and social media for updates. You can follow the city on Facebook and Twitter at @citycf.
View recent press releases from the City:
- Pet Licenses Deadline Extended: March 24, 2020
- Water Reclamation Reminds Public Not to Flush 'Flushable' Wipes: March 24, 2020
- Public Safety Now Offering Online Reporting Form: March 23, 2020
- Cedar Falls Election Postponed to July 7, 2020: Released March 20, 2020
- City Council Holds Virtual Special Meeting Over Parking: March 20, 2020
- Updated Location for Special Election: March 20, 2020
- Use of City Playground Equipment Prohibited Due to COVID-19: March 19, 2020
- Cedar Falls Special Election Postponed: March 18, 2020
- Iowa Governor Issues New Action Including on Bars and Restaurants: March 17, 2020
- Cedar Falls Closes Public Buildings: March 16, 2020
- City Facility Status for COVID-19: March 13, 2020
- Cedar Falls Prepares for COVID-19: March 11, 2020
- COVID-19 in Iowa
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Black Hawk County Health Department
- World Health Organization
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 situation dashboard
- Center for Disease Control Travel Notices
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Information for COVID-19