Firefighter Transition Task Force
Task Force Information
During the City council special Meeting of February 20, 2020, the City Council resolved to immediately carry out full implementation of the city’s Public Safety Officer Model. This requires immediate elimination of the Firefighter job classification in the City of Cedar Falls.
The Firefighter Transition Task Force’s goal is to determine and recommend to Mayor Rob Green, no later than April 1, 2020, a plan of equitable outcomes for former firefighters displaced as a result of the above council action. These outcomes shall include a proposed plan for transitioning former firefighters to other career paths within the City of Cedar Falls, if desired by the employee. The task force shall also propose fair severance packages for employees not desiring continued employment with the city.
The Firefighter Transition Task Force shall exist until firefighter transitions are complete during the Spring of 2020.
The task force will meet in the Duke Young Conference Room at City Hall, 220 Clay Street, Cedar Falls, IA. The meetings are public meetings with the Mayor and/or City Administrator in attendance as observers:
- Friday, March 6, 2020 at 7:00 AM
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 7:00 AM
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 7:00 AM
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 7:00 AM - if needed
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 7:00 AM - if needed
This section contains the agendas and Materials for the Firefighter Transition Task Force. Please refer to the links below for the agendas and the meeting materials.
This section contains the minutes for the Firefighter Transition Task Force. Please refer to the links below for the minutes.
- Frank Darrah, Mayor Pro-Tempore (non-voting Presiding Officer)
- Simon Harding, Cedar Falls City Council Ward 4
- Kevin Rogers, City Attorney
- Jennifer Rodenbeck, Director of Finance and Business Operations
- Craig Berte, Acting Police Chief
- Brian Heath, Operations and Maintenance Division Manager